Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st time at bora

Since it's too far from Manila, I only have Dennis to join my mega travel in Boracay. We booked our tickets waay before our Baguio trip and since may ticket na, wala ng atrasan :)

So just a week after our Baguio trip, here we go again, travelling, this time by plane, going to Kalibo, Aklan.

I arrived earlier at the airport and since I'll be coming from Makati, I decided to take a jeepney ride from makati through buendia and just ride a cab there for a cheap fare :)

Dennis arrived right after me and again, we were both excited, just like our Cebu trip.

Photobucket
excited as usual

Photobucket
on board to ^^


Photobucket
our plane

Photobucket
me

Photobucket
and my date ;)

Photobucket
inside :)

Photobucket
another plane ride

eto bagong trip ni dennis :P

Photobucket
sa cr

Photobucket

-
Photobucket
o sya!

Photobucket
lapit na :)

Photobucket
beautiful Kalibo ricefields

Photobucket

-

Photobucket

And I have seen a different airport..a very provincial one, in which you can see the ricefield in the backround and not typical buildings.

Photobucket
ako...

Photobucket
at ang date ko :P

We arrived at around 10am in Kalibo and since we didnt plan at all on this Boracay trip, we took a van that were waiting just outside the airport. You won't miss it cuz there were plenty of vans and buses that will bring you along the port.

Photobucket

we rode in front

Photobucket
Kalibo Town proper

Though travelling was about an hour and a half, the driver was soo accomodating and like a tourist, he gave us description on everything we saw in Kalibo.

Photobucket
45 mins more :(

Photobucket
with this, you won't be bored..

Photobucket
at last, sa port

Photobucket
sa ferry

It was just a short 10 minutes ferry ride from Caticlan port to Boracay Island, which you can see from afar. It wasn't like Puerto Galera that you arrive on the same area where you're gone swimming. You have to ride a tricycle going to the resort. As we know, Boracay has 3 stations: 1, 2 and 3.

Photobucket
sa tricycle

Photobucket
kulet!

and this is BORA!!!

Photobucket
modern street

At first, I was a bit disappointed cuz all I know about Bora is its beach. But where the hell is the beach?! Wala akong makita but the modernized streets in the middle of an island.

When the tricycle stopped, our guide started walking through some resorts which is kinda like a subdivision until we reached the end line, and from there, I gasped and say my "Ohhh my goodness!!" and had my foot stepped brought me to Boracay for the first time.

Photobucket
the beach

I was mesmerized by just looking at the beach while we're on our way to the resort. I got the resort's contact number through Pinoyexchange.

Since we were planning to stay there for a cheaper rate, I contacted Ate Jean for the cheapest rate that we can get for a room per day. Well, good thang we have a good contact, we got the room for P1,000 per night!

We stayed in Sanderswhite, as we requested Ms. Jean (if you want the number, msg me :P) to give us a non-airconditioned room with 2 beds inside. Yun lang. But the room gave us more than what we really need.

Photobucket

dennis at the resort's entrance

Photobucket
and this is Sanders

Photobucket
moi at the stairs going up to our sole room

Photobucket
and dennis too!

Photobucket

and sitting on the couch at the veranda :)
This veranda has a hammock (where I smoked most of the time) and two chairs perfect for a one-on-one drinking session.
..Here's what's inside..

Photobucket
the bedroom

Photobucket
the restroom

What's good inside is the sawali walls and ceiling which makes the room cold even if we're just sharing an electric fan. The restroom has a shower too but don't expect a hot one.

Sanderswhite is located at Station 2 where the party centers it all..

...and this started our first day!!

No comments: