Saturday, August 9, 2008

to market to market...

It's always been famous for anyone who goes to Baguio to go, not in some known places, but to the market-- yeah...veggies and ukay-ukay.

So just right after that sumptous lunch at the other side of Baguio, we cross the street and found ourselves busy checking the market.

Photobucket
not as busy..

According to Dennis, there are ukay-ukay's that are expensive. After all, we're in Baguio, we have to look for some cheap but quality stuffs there. I've seen many people wearing furry jackets and I wanna buy one.

From the restaurant/carinderia haven that we had lunch on, we passed the busy street of Baguio and found ourselves walking in an airconditioned street of ukay-ukay.

Photobucket
and yes!! sabi ni Dennis, mas maraming pang cheaper pa jan!

I'm like, "hey! dami nitong ganito sa Manila a" but I haven't been to one in Manila. Prolly, my first ukay-ukay experience was in Baguio. And I was kinda like... tsk. This place is real! Puro may tatak lahat! I bought one blouse and a sun dress. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the jacket I've been looking for :(

Photobucket

hanggang Baguio ba naman!

Photobucket
dennis!! pang babae yan 'pre

Photobucket
si eggie, matinding tumawad!!!

Eggie and Anya bought 2 pairs of shoes. :( Too bad for me, I have big feet :P. Hirap maghanap anything that fits me. Junel's friend bought a furry coat but we were in the market when I noticed it.

We went inside the market and to my surprise, it isn't the same market na puro chicken, gulay and the likes ang tinda. We found almost everything inside it.

Photobucket
souvenirs..

Photobucket

I was about to buy these souvenir items but it scared me just by looking at it. I was thinking, if I'm gonna put it somewhere. It will just give me this goosebumps everytime I look at it.

Just at the souvenir area, I almost have my sack full. Dami ko na nabili, when Dennis informed us that we will buy some tamtaco's and ube jam and strawberrys and... arrgh! can't wait!

Photobucket

strawberries

Photobucket
everlasting

Photobucket
oranges

Photobucket
choose ur pasalubong


They all bought vegetables but since I don't eat any veggies, I just managed to fill my sack with these ^^.

And we walked towards the van na medyo malayong malayo pa, so there were kids who offered their help just for 20 pesos to carry all our sacks. Parang lugi, but then again, you won't imagine those lil fellows can carry a 10 kilo-sack each on their hands.

I was soo tired then but they are still planning to go to the Grotto. I told 'em I couldn't do it, so they can leave me at the van. Jumpy joined me then. (read ______)

Photobucket

ayan, itsurang pagod :(

Photobucket
Grotto

Photobucket
pagakyat...


Photobucket
istasyon...

Photobucket
kaya pa!

Photobucket
lapit na!!!


Photobucket
at last!!!

Photobucket
a view from the top

Photobucket
parang nakarating sa summit :)

Photobucket
serious mode...

Photobucket
pray along

Photobucket
with Her

Photobucket
Ma. Regina :)

Photobucket
pababa, masarap magtaho

Photobucket
models :P

It's late at night when we decided to go home. Well, obviously, we have visited only few places, those places where any people can visit, and we're kinda like bitin. Uuwi na kami tomorrow. :(

Of course Baguio isn't complete if we don't share horror stories. LOL. Wala kaming experience on horror stories at the place that we stayed but we just saw this famous house along the street. I guess everyone who have been gone to Baguio is familiar with this white house.

Photobucket

syempre takutan nga.. try to zoom the picture and you can notice a sillhouette of a guy standing in the window

LOL. true or not, this house is not only reminding anyone about another ghost stories but it's kinda scary passing this big white house though.


No comments: